spring has sprung

And everywhere things are growing and blooming.

Gardens are a riot of colour and new growth.


Pink geraniums enjoying dappled sunshine.

Red geraniums boldly turning their faces to the full afternoon sun.

The pretty pink-purple pea flowers of the polygala shrubs so popular in many suburbs.


Lilies are everywhere,


and lavender is too, with bees foraging for the nectar. So many bees this year.


This very pretty, (but oh-so-deadly-to-me), jasmine. One of many varieties, this one is Jasminum Polyanthum, also called pink jasmine, night blooming, or night scented. The fragrance from this one is released at dusk, to hang heavily in the air all night and well into the morning, often spreading as much as half a city block or more. This one plant, more than any other, causes me to lock myself inside as much as possible for its long blooming period. I'm allergic. And it's grown in every suburb. I don't think Adelaide has even one suburb where this jasmine isn't grown.

Nasturtiums, bright and sunny,


spilling over a fence taller than me.

These gorgeous orange clivias, growing in the shade of a large tree, blooms you could warm your hands over, like a fire. Such a great contrast between the blooms and the strappy dark green leaves.


Something yellow, climbing and spilling over fences. I know this as Carolina Jasmine, but if I'm wrong, please let me know.


Gerberas, hardy, cheerful, colourful, in driveways and parking lots all over Adelaide.


Lastly, this large yellow fungus growing through a crack in the footpath, looking remarkably like a giant piece of popped corn.

Here it is next to my shoe, so you can see just how big it really is.














Comments

  1. Feral beast loved the fungi photo lol.
    I preferred the purdy petals, myself lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jayne; I took so many photos it was really hard to pick which ones to use. The fungus absolutely had to go in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty and I love that you finished with the foot and the fungus, just to keep us on our toes!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

kitchen tip #?????

being unaccustomed to public speaking,

I've been trying to contact Haagen-Dazs