time flies

7.15pm.
I've just realised it's fully dark outside and I haven't yet put the bins out to the kerb.
Where did the time go? What have I done with today?

Let's see; woke up at 4am, couldn't sleep, so made a cup of coffee and took it back to bed with the book I'm currently reading. (The Diggers Rest Hotel, by Geoffrey McGeachin.)
Got right down to the last couple of chapters and realised I was sleepy, so snuggled back down under the doona and slept until 8am. Then it was get up now or wet the bed. I got up.

Decided against breakfast, I wasn't hungry yet. Unusual for me, normally I get up and eat either porridge or weetbix almost immediately, but I'd had that early morning coffee.
Got the washing started since it was a beautiful sunny and windy day outside, perfect drying weather.

Finished hanging things out, gosh that was hard, pull the line down so I can hold an item with my unstretched right arm, then attach the peg with my left hand. Luckily I didn't have much to hang. Yes, I could have tossed it all in the dryer, but I love that sunshiney fresh air smell on my clothes and towels. Plus, sun and wind are free, so I'm helping save the planet by not using the dryer.

Spent quite a lot of time lying on the lawn chair, soaking up some vitamin D, only getting up to answer the phone, then suddenly realising it was 2pm and the cowboy movie I wanted to watch was about to start.

Answered a few emails while I watched, started reading blogs, before I knew it, the sun had gone down and my stomach was rumbling. So I made toast, fried a couple of eggs, tossed the shells in the bin and bingo! remembered it's bin night and I hadn't put them out yet.....

Where are my shoes?

Comments

  1. Sounds like a lovely day all round :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You deserve days like this, River - especially if there's still some chiffon cake left or chocolate waiting for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jayne; it was very lovely. Sunny, peaceful, no demands on my time.

    Kath; sadly there's no cake or chocolate left anywhere in the house. Half the cake went to my kids who helped me put my hard rubbish out on the kerb for collection.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

kitchen tip #?????

being unaccustomed to public speaking,

I've been trying to contact Haagen-Dazs