hankies? really?

So I had a dream, which I remember nothing about, apart from right at the end. In this dream, I won something and had to choose between two prizes. Something, I couldn't see what, and a prettily packaged box of 20 hankies. I chose the hankies. Colour me weird. In other news, I've been to the physio, ( yes, again, it's an ongoing thing), and he took hold of my arm and moved the shoulder in ways it didn't want to go. After applying pressure at a couple of points around the joint, he moved the arm again and the shoulder did feel a little freer. Then he applied pressure at a single point in the underarm area, which had me gasping with the pain and almost brought tears to the eyes. And then he gave me a new little exercise toy. A small pulley to hook over the door. It's used to help with raising the arm to its fullest. In even better news, I'm starting back on checkout shifts next Monday, for a two week trial. The early morning shift, the easiest one of all. People come in and buy a newspaper, or a carton of milk and some cereal. Coffee and biscuits for the office morning teas. There's a few who use the early morning for a full grocery shop. It's a great time for it, with shelves fully stocked by the nightfill people and not many other customers cluttering up the aisles. Most of these early morning people are regulars who I've known the whole time I've been there, there's bound to be a fair bit of conversation going on about how they're glad to see me back, how am I doing, reminders to take things easy and not overdo it. I'm looking forward to this trial, after two weeks I see my doctor for a review, and of course the physio sessions will continue.

Comments

  1. @Toni; I followed the link, followed the directions about paragraphs, and it hasn't worked. Clearly my laptop is having a little hissy fit about paragraphs and how much work they are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is the only blog where I can open comments with internet explorer, I'll have to do it all here, and you'll have to put up with misogamy homophobia and racism. Okay?
    It's a small price.

    -Robert.

    ReplyDelete
  3. R.H. a small price? I may have to start charging you admission.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. The smaller portion does our grocery shopping early - and swears by it. I am just grateful he does it. (Its low on my list of preferred chores).
    Lots of luck for the next few weeks. I'll be thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back to work! I know, I'm not there, but I felt like I was a work colleague, watching all the regulars flow in for their 'usual'. Thinking of you as you get that arm/shoulder all fixed. I reckon RSI from your work ;) Have a great weekend. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Elephant's Child; I love getting my shopping done early too. There's little to no wait time at the checkout, plus the rest of the day to get on with other stuff.

    Kymmie; Definitely RSI from the work I'm going back too, plus the torn tendon. As long as I remember not to work at the speed of light, I should be fine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dream meaning for hankies:
    a cotton one is a suggestion that you could benefit from asserting yourself more. A linen one is a warning of hidden hostility, and a silk one is a good omen in regard to your general interests.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hankies? Ugh rather unhygienic but hey, each to their own. You're right about shopping early morning or even late night. I can whizz through.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad to hear things are looking up for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. drb; I've no idea what fabric these were, but knowing me, they were probably cotton. I'm not good at asserting myself, although progress has been made.

    Baino; I don't use them in the traditional way. I carry them for cleaning my glasses, wetting them to sponge a spot off my clothing, mopping blood from a cut while I head for the first aid kit....

    peskypixies; I'm hoping I can still handle the work, it's been almost 8 months.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

kitchen tip #?????

being unaccustomed to public speaking,

I've been trying to contact Haagen-Dazs