Sunday Selections # 125



Welcome back to Sunday Selections!

This once-a- week-meme was originally begun by Kim of Frog Ponds Rock, as a way to showcase some of the many photos we all take, but don't get around to showing on our blogs.

The rules are very simple:-
1. post photos of your choice, old or new, under the Sunday Selections title
2. link back to me, River, somewhere in your post
3. leave me a comment so that I know you've joined in and can come over and see what you've posted.
4. hop on over to The Elephant’s Child to see more of her wonderful photos.

Kath and Andrew often join in as well.

I usually go with a theme for my Sunday Selections and this week I'm showing you:
Adelaide's Winter Skies.

taken through my window as it was way too cold to be opening the door.

the blue patch got bigger, but the overhead clouds were much darker.

for a while it did look like the weather might dry up, but that didn't last.

totally grey now...

...and raining. Time to get back inside.







Comments

  1. I wish you could send some of that cooling rain my way...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does look very familiar - though we are mostly having the grey without the rain.
    Is your solar spinner charging properly on these grey days? Ours isn't, and I might turn it off for a few days and let it build up a charge again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The dark clouds with the blue sky look particularly good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cindi; but you've only just begun your summer, you can't possibly be ready for rain yet.

    Elephant's Child; I haven't checked the solar spinner, I'll make a note to look at it tonight.

    Andrew; it's a good contrast, reminds me of a dress I once had.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We had our share of grey skies at the moment but today so far not so bad.
    Merle......

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rain...wonderful! I am sure like we in Perth welcome it with open arms!! We had some but it's disappeared again and we are so short of water here. I still haven't gotten around to ordering a solar spinner. I really must get on to that.
    Loved the pictures....thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Merlesworld; there's plenty more grey to come...

    Mimsie; the rain only lasted a day or so, but there will be more, I'm sure of it. Hopefully you'll get some too.

    Elephant's Child; I've just checked on the solar spinner and it is still changing colours, but slower than before and the red is staying longer than the other colours.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Do you remember when we were kids and it rained when we wanted to go outside and play..... We would sing, "Rain, rain, go away. Come again some other day.
    It looks dreary, but have a happy Sunday inside.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oooh. I love a brooding blue-grey sky :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. We here in hot So. California would love some rainy days, esp. with fire-season upon us.

    ReplyDelete
  11. manzanita; I remember that, but often enough if the rain wasn't too heavy, we'd go out and play anyway. Floating things along gutters running with 4-6 inches of water, jumping in puddles with rubber boots on. I used to let my own kids do that too.

    Vicki; me too! I watched toady as huge dense grey-black clouds moved in from the hills as I was on my way home on the bus.

    Susan Kane; fire season does call for rain, but that's when you're least likely to get some.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

kitchen tip #?????

being unaccustomed to public speaking,

I've been trying to contact Haagen-Dazs