Sunday Selections # 252



Welcome back to Sunday Selections!

This once-a- week-meme was originally begun by Kim of Frog Ponds Rock, as a way to showcase some of the many photos we all take, but don't get around to showing on our blogs.

The rules are very simple:-
1. post photos of your choice, old or new, under the Sunday Selections title
2. link back to me, River, somewhere in your post
3. leave me a comment so that I know you've joined in and can come over and see what you've posted.
4. hop on over to Elephant’s Child to see more of her wonderful photos.
  Andrew often joins in too.

I usually go with a theme for my Sunday Selections but this week I have a random selection of older photos and one googled image.
You may have seen some of these before.

Let's begin with the googled image, it's a little blurry because I resized it and I haven't put the blog name on it, because it isn't my own photo:

this is a Suzuki 50cc motor bike, the same as I had way back in 1968-72. Same colour too. 
I miss it a lot.

Adelaide Airport early in the morning with a pretty sky.

just a few of my books.

Chippy, my Siamese fighter fish.

gorgeous velvet curtains in a movie theatre.

Halloween decorations we put up one year and they didn't come down until I moved here. I still have them, somewhere in a drawer.

the ghoul we hung in the carport. I have no idea where he is now.

one of many strings of skulls also hung in the carport. 

my orange tabby kitten, named Harley.I think this was 1993.

my youngest, J, feeding the kangaroos at a cabin/caravan park where we spent a weekend with other parents and the rest of his grade 3 class in 1990. This boy is now 34 1/2 years old.

twin streams from a 'ghost' plane.

another jet stream.

are you tired of jet streams yet?

Let's move on....

Mad Max the second. Best dog ever!!

my old primary school pens, two handles, two nibs, which I still have in the drawer just over there>
these are the kind you dip in the inkwell and try not to blot all over your page as you write.

 
tiny little piggies for sale at the Fisherman's Market, these are about an inch tall. I couldn't choose and wanted them all, but there were so many....I left them.

a scarf I knitted my first winter here in this flat. It turned out about seven feet long once I'd added the tassels.

a climbing frame in a nearby junior school playground.

Ferries in Sydney Harbor, taken when I was there in 2011 BC (before cat)

rows of shopping trolleys for sale in the Chinatown part of our Central Market.























Comments

  1. I have a large dip pen collection.. I write with them when I can, as I actually prefer it. OK I am odd. Yes.
    Lovign the older pics, I remember tvs like that the old CRT.. ah memories...
    How cute is your fighting fish? Are they easy to keep?? I would love to get one but frightened of killing it. I keep snakes becuase I don't have to remember to feed them daily.. and the dog complains when I forget.. HMM Maybe a bad idea.. Sigh..I will admire from afar..

    XOXOOX

    http://woosangwashere.blogspot.com.au/2015/11/sunday-selections_29.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn it, I keep forgetting to click Notify me... ARGGH

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed going through your scrapbook!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this eclectic collection. And Max particularly. I do love Shepherds. So much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The old nib and ink pens...the days when people took care how they wrote...what their written word looked like...and then ballpoints came along and ruined that wonderful art forever except for the few rare aficionados.

    Shepherds certainly are a beautiful dog.

    Have a wonderful week, River...cuddles to Angel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an interesting collection of photos. Harley looks funny as he climbs the tv. Using all three, a fountain pen, a dip pen and a biro is the reason my writing is so bad. That's my excuse anyway. The scooter would be very trendy now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a collection a snapshot on your life.
    Merle.......

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yvonne Kirk; the fighter fish are easy to keep, they need special food, not the usual goldfish flakes and I cleaned his bowl every week and that was all I did. I'm told they don't live very long, but I had Chippy for three and a bit years, he died a couple of months before I moved here.
    My daughter always wanted to keep snakes, I'm rather glad she never got any.

    fishducky; I have lots of scrapbooks, too many to count.

    Elephant's Child; Max would be 28 this year if he was alive. He probably isn't; we had to give him away when we sold our house and moved to a rental property where they didn't allow pets. We heard he settled into his new home very well after moping and missing us for about a week.

    Lee; my writing was never all that good, I seem to do much better with a pencil. Anything done with a pen starts out legible then deteriorates by line two *~*
    I still miss Max, I always will.
    Cuddles to Remy and Shama.

    Andrew; our writing is so bad because our hands can't keep up with the speed our brains work at. Style of pen has nothing to do with it. Well, that's my excuse and I'm sticking with it.
    I really wish I still had that scooter.

    Merle; just a small snapshot, glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is quite an eclectic collection of pics there! ;) I took a closer look at the books and saw several that I own as well, in particular the John Grisham books who is one of my favourite authors of all time.

    Hmm.. that could be a future post, I'll set it as a draft right now. :) Done - set for 22nd January 2016! That is how far ahead I am writing right now.. I've got a nice writing groove happening here.

    Here is my post this week - Sunday Selections Week 48

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful wander down your memory lane, thank you River :)

    Sweet little bike. I like it a lot.

    My first German Shepherd was called Max. He helped me through one of the most difficult transition periods of my life... when I ran away from home, and was a lost soul with no direction.
    His immense heart and love gave me a huge reason to go on living in those formative years.
    We went everywhere together, and I was devastated when he passed.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi human, River,

    What a wonderful variety of photos and complete with some reminiscing. Max, what a lovely German Shepherd.

    I shall now leave your blog using a Suzuki 50cc motor bike via the jet stream. Wish me luck......

    Pawsitive wishes and doggy kisses,

    Penny xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful selection from different eras of your life. Too many to comment on but loved them all.
    Would have had trouble choosing which pig but probably would have bought a couple and perhaps gone back for more.
    Dogs make such a big impact on our lives that they are never forgotten. There are three that are forever in our memories and also a number of cats as well. Our furry friends just don't live long enough.
    I am sure everyone in SA are still trying to recover from having those devastating fires cause so much havoc. Although the fires here in WA also caused loss of life the area burnt was not nearly as large so I guess you could say we were lucky over here at least from that point of view,
    Hope you and Angel and keeping well and the hot weather you had hasn't spoiled your garden at all.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Snoskred; I tried posting a month ahead for a while, but it didn't work out well. Now I just do a few days ahead, less than a week.

    Vicki; I like Memory Lane, mine and everyone else's. interesting to see things that shaped the person I now know. I miss that bike as much as I miss Max.

    Penny the Jack Russell dog and modest internet superstar; I thought a random variety would make a nice change, since I haven't taken my camera out in over a week.
    Max was a truly lovely dog, had a sense of humor too.

    Mimsie; those little piggies were a bit too much for my budget that day. I usually go to such places with a certain amount of cash and the credit card stays home.
    The hot weather here has done a bit of harm to the garden, my rhubarb is entirely wilted and all my pots seem to be bone dry all the time. They are too big and heavy to soak in a bucket, so they will just have to survive as best they can. The succulents are all still growing, but so very slowly and a few have been reduced to stalks by slugs and snails. I'll be taking divisions in the autumn and planting them in empty spots, of which I have far too many.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi River! I really enjoyed all your photos and the explanations you gave with them! I also love those jet streams!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Becky; haven't seen you here in a while. I haven't been to yours either, lost your address somehow. Glad you enjoyed my pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Velvet drapes..just georgous. Mum had velvet curtains once, as did i.
    Knitting, great scarf.
    Such variety from the past and present. ..yes, fountain pens and inkwells, such good days :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I see you have a Michael Marshall book, one of my authors in the keeping section of the bookcase. I must check with the Book Depository to see what he's written lately.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

kitchen tip #?????

being unaccustomed to public speaking,

I've been trying to contact Haagen-Dazs